NEW! Skype Clinical Development Series: Have you been wondering how to improve your Motivational Interviewing (MI) skills but your centre hasn’t offered (enough) follow-up? You think you’re doing good MI but you would like to be sure and get some help on certain aspects? dancing gecko training is happy to introduce a four-session clinical development series in English to help you move forward with your MI practice.
The series is comprised of four two-hour monthly sessions, held via Skype and facilitated by Rachel Green. Each group will be limited to 6 participants who will meet (virtually!) together each month. Participants are strongly encouraged to submit one recording of actual client interventions, recorded with due consent, per session (if you need a consent form, please click here). Members of the group will participate in the discussion of each recording, a discussion which will be strength-based—critical comments will be offered only by the person submitting the recording and the facilitator (as needed). The discussion will be anchored by the Motivational Interviewing Treatment Integrity (MITI) tool (a validated measure of the worker’s MI intervention) as a framework, taking into account behavior counts and especially the global measures. These series are organised as needed; when there are 6 or more participants for a given day/time, the four-session series is organised by the facilitator.
Each group member will submit recordings of actual interventions, which the group will discuss in a constructive way. The facilitator, Rachel Green, will offer guidance to the group about the good MI practice already present and points of focus for the participant to work on to improve his/her practice.
January 11, February 8, March 8, and April 5, 2017
Time: 9:00 – 11:00, (8 hours of OPQ continuing education credits). Limit 6 participants
- Have identified their strengths in their MI practice;
- Have identified and targeted where they most need improvement;
- Have practiced MI and received feedback specific to improving that practice;
- Have developed effective strategies to transform sustain talk into change talk.
- Must have a Skype account
- Must have access to internet sufficient to support the audio portion of Skype (video is not required)
- Must have previously taken a basic course in MI and have access to actual interventions to use as models.
Contact Rachel (email@example.com) for more information on the series.
Cost: $200 + taxes